Lactation Education at UC San Diego Extension
Lactation Education at UC San Diego Extension offers students a nationally recognized university program and access to high caliber instructors and trainers.
Students will also enjoy quality instruction with flexible formats by choosing either online or on-site courses. With online courses, students can learn from any place at any time that is convenient and the online courses deliver the same high-quality content and expert instruction as “face-to-face” courses.
WEBINAR – To learn about becoming a Lactation Consultant click here.
How to become a Lactation Consultant: Are you Pathway 1 or Pathway 2?
Please note that the Pathway 2 program is only available in the Hybrid (online) format and no longer offered in person.
- Lactation Consultant Certificate Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Lactation Educator Counselor discusses and utilizes the most recent technology and breastfeeding theories
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative course that satisfies step two of the Baby Friendly Ten Step Program for hospitals
- Refresher: Lactation Educator Counselor intended to update the base information and education of the 45 hour certificated Lactation Educator course offering
- CERP’s for IBCLE’s offered especially for the Lactation Consultant looking to recertify.